Skip to main content

This Foundation Is The IT!

https://www.itcosmetics.com/home

Happy 2018, beauties! There is something that just feels good about a new start. January one, twenty-eighteen! Wow! A fresh new year. New goals. New opportunities. New attitude. Ahh yes, all good!! The fresh start of the year is also a time where many of us make new year's resolutions, or more positively, the phrase I've adopted,-- "New Year's Intentions!" I've made the same resolution many times before, "stop going to bed with my makeup on" ugh! I know, I know. Again, another embarrassing fact (or bad habit) that I'm sharing about myself. Before I lose all credibility, I do typically use a Clinique or MAC cosmetics makeup remover wipe. They get the job done...just not as thoroughly as somebody who respects their skincare regime should be content with. Anywho, once again, I INTEND to do better with my nighttime beauty regiment. SantaBaby spoiled me with some amazing products that I INTEND on using on a regular basis. Once I get a "feel" for these products (Origins Night-A-Mins, Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell cream and anti-aging cleanser, and some other goodies) I'll let 'cha know what I think in a future reviews!

As far as skincare goes, I've always acknowledged the good genetics I've been favored with. My skincare habits have been unique due to my specific needs -- My skin is not too dry or too oily; Not too blotchy or too prone to acne. It's just normal. Normal. The most bothersome trait is that I'm neither perfectly olive toned or perfectly pink toned--but instead a little bit of both depending on the area of my face.

**Sidenote--have you ever paid any attention to the color of the veins on the inside of your wrists? If you take a look you will notice that your veins are either bluish or greenish. This is a good indicator if you are more warm toned or cool toned. As a makeup artist you are asked to foundation color match ALL THE TIME. I learned very quickly that if I paid attention to the color of a clients veins on their inner wrist I could quickly find the right undertone and match the client pretty quickly :) So, take a look, are you more warm (greenish) or cool (bluish)? Or are you more complicated like me and have both colors?**


I have always mixed tones of foundation or mixed a tinted moisturizer with an opposite toned powder. Or a pink primer with a warm sheer coverage foundation or tinted moisturizer. I've tried numerous combinations and it wasn't until recently that I was introduced to IT cosmetics by my daughter. Remember, the girl after my own heart, who is studying marketing in the beauty industry at FIDM, and currently works at Ulta! Yeah, her. (She's so cool! Haha!) She was raving about the foundation and I could visibly see a change in her skin. She just looked perfectly even and had subtle blur and glow. I was intrigued and decided to use my 20% off Christmas promo coupon and purchase "Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+" in the shade "Light". I was skeptical at first. Typically my daughter and I have opposite taste in foundation. She likes full coverage; I like sheer coverage. She likes super matte; I like a little glow-y/dewy. But I was really, really impressed by how pretty her skin looked so I was happy to give it a shot.

The very next morning after receiving my new CC Cream, I prepped my skin (moisturizer and primer--I will review at a later time) and applied my new foundation. I was immediately impressed that I HAD to STOP application and take a progress picture and an after picture to show a couple of my BlushingBeauties at work how awesome the product is!

I was giddy and excited at how pretty Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+ left my skin looking. The pros: --> SPF 50+, --> a little goes a loooong way (one pump is enough for my entire face), --> dries to a beautiful natural matte, --> tends to have a nice aroma-therapeutic scent (kind of like a lightweight tea tree oil scent), and honestly this product is the best color correcting/balancing that I have ever used! The cons: --> I didn't discover this product sooner! Lol! Honestly, folks, this is an awesome foundation option and I HIGHLY recommend it!!


I know there are a lot of skincare teasers in this post. What moisturizer am I using, which primer, and HOW do I actually apply these products?? I have to leave some mystery and questions so you come back and read some more!! Until then....go be beautiful! xx
#ITCosmetics #MACCosmetics #CliniqueCosmetics #OriginsCosmetics #PeterThomasRoth #BeyondBlushing #BlushingBeauties

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He thought I was 24!!!!

I am literally weeks away from turning 30 years old and to tell you the truth….very excited about it. I’m not all caught up in feeling like I’m getting old and all that hoopla. I’ ve always thought I’ ve looked young for my age and have enjoyed growing up and maturing. I was taken aback recently when somebody I see on a regular basis due to work related duties commented on me being the same age as they were after telling me they were 24 years old….I was shocked. I was like, “honey, you’re just a baby!” and he commented back about how we were the same age and I was like, “NO……I’m hitting 30 here!” He was really surprised. Well I thought about this little fortunate exchange of words for a while. What about me make people think I am younger than what I actually am? I’ ve always been on more of the mature side. My best friends are all older than me….even by 8 or more years. So it’s not me acting immature that makes me look young. I’ ve had two kids so I don’t have that cute hip body an

The Birthday Girl!

I came home a couple of nights ago from doing a little Christmas shopping and to my surprise I had a birthday cake waiting to greet me with all the love a mom could ask for in the form of a baked with love birthday cake. Oh my heart just melted! It is so cute. The way Isabelle decorated the right side and Ethan's left side with the backwards 3 (didn't he notice that?!) I thought it was the most precious thing ever and it definitely is way better than the Sprinkles cupcakes that I got last year! Thanks Erica for doing this with the kids--I love it so much! What a thoughtful gesture! Today is my birthday and I am so excited. It's silly feeling all giddy like a kid--isn't it. But I can't help it--I get to be pampered by spending time with my friends and family and that's truly my favorite thing in life. You know relationships--they're the only thing eternal in our lives-- Good company and a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and I am on cloud nine! Even though

In My Makeup Bag

Okay you all. Hold on tight because I have an awesome product to share with you. It's Matte by MAC Cosmetics . This product is something I've carried in my kit for a couple of years but for some reason it had gotten pushed to the back of my case behind everything else. Kind of like that always great fitting t-shirt that you love and from time to time it gets misplaced or forgotten about but when you find it again and wear it, it feels so right! That is Matte for me in the makeup realm. I was reminded of it today. I was finishing up a consultation that I had with a client and soon to be bride. She looked beautiful. Stunning really! She was perfectly satisfied with her makeup application and felt gorgeous.....but I knew she was missing something. I couldn't put my finger on it at first because of her beautiful blue eyes that were so striking because of the soft smoky plum colors we had applied to her lids and her perfectly pouted peachy glossed lips and her sun-kissed bron