Skip to main content

URBAN DECAY Spring 2010!!!

One thing that I can absolutely say is that my life is never, ever dull! Just when I thought I was on the path of freedom--on my way-- literally --to celebrate the completion of my teaching credential program I took a lame spill off my porch and broke my ankle! What a dork! I find out if I need surgery tomorrow.....but in the meantime, when I'm not totally doped up and loopy, I've decided to catch up on some reading, writing, and planning of birthday parties and family vacations we would like to take this year.

First off, I couldn't wait to share my ever consuming love of Urban Decay Cosmetics with everyone. It just so happens that it ties in very well with the preparation of my daughter's 12th birthday party that we are planning for her--an Alice in Wonderland/Mad Hatters' birthday! Consequently, Urban Decay just released their Alice in Wonderland palette last week! I must get my fingers on this darling palette full of great shadows, 24 7 liners, and a primer potion! I could just die and go to Heaven!!! I have a vision of doing my daughter's and her friends' makeup from the palette while sipping on all types of teas from whimsical glasses, nibbling on fun finger foods from funky plates, while in a room decorated with all kinds of big and small paper lanterns, big playing card streamers, candles, and shiny ornaments. Oh, and all the while my daughter will be wearing the cutest dress that I found on urbanoutfitters.com today! Who knows if it will all come together like I imagine....but I'm going to try! Might be somewhat difficult with this whole broken ankle thing! UGH!

Anyway, as I mentioned before...URBAN DECAY...is one of my all time favorite lines of cosmetics. I feel that the line is fun but sophisticated because of it's durability and whimsical qualities. Creative, sassy, and cutting edge are a few of the feelings I get when I use products from this particular line of cosmetics (which is just about EVERYDAY). The new spring line is of course a necessity in every ladies makeup bag!


I've mentioned a time or two before that I am such a sucker for packaging and honestly, Urban Decay's new STARDUST eyeshadows have some of the most innovative packaging I have ever seen! You have to try it for yourself but what is so cool is that you just lightly squeeze/pinch the sides of the eyeshadow and the top smoothly pops open! Trust me....It's cool! Gosh, you know the product is going to be amazing when just getting to it feels cool! Yes, and the eyeshadows are great! Just enough sparkle that it's noticeable and fun but not so blatant that you might feel like a Las Vegas showgirl (nothing wrong with that....) but in my opinion it is the best of both worlds. I am a teacher who loves wearing glitter....but I don't want to look immature or inappropriate while I am teaching high school students! They're amazing....and they last all day! These beautiful shadows can be worn dry or wet for a more vibrant look! Get yours....they're amazing!


New 24/7 glide on pencils were also introduced in the new Spring line from Urban Decay. These little pencils should be a staple in every ladies cosmetic tool box. They glide on so smoothly, smudge for a perfect smokey eye, and they truly do last all day without wearing off! I'm dying to get my hands on Binge, a beautiful navy blue color and Crash, a gorgeous deep eggplant color that have just been added to the 24/7 glide on pencils family! Funny enough, I was going through all my stuff and I actually do not own a navy blue eyeliner! Crazy--I have every other color blue though (cuz blue looks wonderful on brown eyes)--so without a doubt I will have to snag one of those eyeliners!



The other little secret weapon I have always kept in my makeup artist kit is Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I love it on both the eyes and lips...personally. Well Urban Decay decided to step it up another notch and add a new Potion to the mix....Eden! It's a beautiful matte neutral which I found myself wearing alone with some mascara for a quick, clean, and natural look! Fantastic! Another product that I now cannot see living without!


My little cosmetic obsession tank has been temporarily filled (until the next thing comes along that I can't live without) just in this one great Spring collection! Go to your local Sephora or Macy's and check out the products yourself. I promise you....you won't be disappointed!

Comments

i'm so excited for the alice in wonderland set.

and ouch! get better fasttt
beyond blushing said…
thanks, angie! I'll probably order the palette online from Sephora this weekend!
Marnie said…
I like your blog.
Cheers,
Marnie xx
Alexandra said…
They already sold out of the Alice makeup! Im so bummed :( Where do you find all your cool pics for your blog???

Popular posts from this blog

He thought I was 24!!!!

I am literally weeks away from turning 30 years old and to tell you the truth….very excited about it. I’m not all caught up in feeling like I’m getting old and all that hoopla. I’ ve always thought I’ ve looked young for my age and have enjoyed growing up and maturing. I was taken aback recently when somebody I see on a regular basis due to work related duties commented on me being the same age as they were after telling me they were 24 years old….I was shocked. I was like, “honey, you’re just a baby!” and he commented back about how we were the same age and I was like, “NO……I’m hitting 30 here!” He was really surprised. Well I thought about this little fortunate exchange of words for a while. What about me make people think I am younger than what I actually am? I’ ve always been on more of the mature side. My best friends are all older than me….even by 8 or more years. So it’s not me acting immature that makes me look young. I’ ve had two kids so I don’t have that cute hip body an

ELLIS FAAS: "ONLY TESTED ON SUPERMODELS!"

The last year of my life has been completely consumed by my commitment and dedication to continue my education in obtaining my teaching credential and masters in education. I honestly was unsure what to expect since it had been so many years since I had done my undergrad work--and I'm not going to lie--life has been crazy hectic! I didn't really expect that I would miss THIS industry as much as I have in this past year! I've been privileged in the past to pursue my passion of doing makeup, researching, and being hands on with cosmetic, fragrance, and skincare lines,...and then writing about it all--BONUS! So, I am very thankful when I am introduced to lines that are new to me and I get the opportunity to try them out. This is where ELLIS FAAS comes in.... What a cool line of cosmetics from ELLIS FAAS! From the sleek packaging, amazing product, and very cool developer behind the line--I am truly impressed at this very high class, top quality, and functional line. I'm no

You're Not Too Late....

Straight from the PR desk at Urban Decay: Win a necklace from Tom Binns for Walt Disney Signature, valued at $875, AND an Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows. 10 runners up will also receive the Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows. Enter to win NOW!!!!! http://www.urbandecay.com/promo/contest/Alice/index.cfm So excited for this opportunity to be able to win this awesome necklace and of course that awesome Alice in Wonderland palette! Good luck to the rest of you too!