Skip to main content

Win! Win! Heavy Metal and 24/7


I wear many hats...and by "hats" I don't mean those things you put on your head. I mean that I fulfill many roles such as wife, mother, sister, daughter, dedicated friend, and student, and I get paid for the roles of substitute teacher, makeup artist, and nutritional cleansing advisor. You might wonder why I am telling you this and what does this have to do with either makeup, skincare, or fragrances. Well, depending on the role I am playing I get to focus on different types of makeup, different colors, and different application techniques. Ahhhhh...now you're following where I'm going!

Basically when I'm not in the classroom or in a traditional setting where I have to behave somewhat modestly and appropriately I choose to have a lot of fun with bold looks with my makeup. Sometimes I love to do a traditional look and maybe jazz it up with a subtle stroke of sparkly glitter on top of my eyeliner or a vibrant punch of colorful fuchsia gloss in the center of my lips. Other times I enjoy being totally bold and colorful with blues and purples and greens or a mixture of different bright colors on my eyes. It's artistic expression and freedom and it keeps me feeling young and spunky!

Urban Decay has been a long time favorite choice of products for me. The Heavy Metal glitter eyeliner from Urban Decay has been an absolute favorite for me. The colors are bright and bold or chic and dazzling and the actual product is high in quality. The gel based liner goes on very easy and dries quickly to a stays-put won't flake off product....and it lasts all day--or night! I've been wearing glitter in or on my makeup for the past fifteen years and will probably die with some time of sparkle on my body. These Heavy Metal liners have never let me down but instead keep on impressing me especially with the latest launch of amazing colors in StageDive (bright green), CatFight (hot pink), Groupie (light pink), and Midnight Cowboy (gold). YEA!!!

If you are really experimental and like to change things up from time to time try layering these Heavy Metal liners over top Urban Decay's 24/7 glide on EyeLiner! This is what I love to do. You can create so many combinations of colors from being subtly sparkly to bold and glittery. The latest colors inspired by the beautiful peacock to join the 24/7 EyeLiner family are: FlipSide (a beautiful shimmery teal blue), UnderGround (a metallic taupe), Grafati (an awesome bright green), and Ransom (a killer purple). These eyeliners on their own STAY PUT! They go on smoothly and dry to a smudge proof and waterproof amazingly long lasting eyeliner. Then, if you are like me, and LOVE to add extra pizazz you can really kick it up a notch with layering with those Heavy Metal glitters. It makes an amazing duo!

These product are one way I can either kick it up a notch when doing my makeup or add a touch of fun to an everyday look. Eyeliner is only one medium that I use. Check back soon and read about the magical cream eyeshadows, the wide range of lipsticks I love to use, and other key products to sparkle and shine and turn ordinary routine makeup to extraordinary!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He thought I was 24!!!!

I am literally weeks away from turning 30 years old and to tell you the truth….very excited about it. I’m not all caught up in feeling like I’m getting old and all that hoopla. I’ ve always thought I’ ve looked young for my age and have enjoyed growing up and maturing. I was taken aback recently when somebody I see on a regular basis due to work related duties commented on me being the same age as they were after telling me they were 24 years old….I was shocked. I was like, “honey, you’re just a baby!” and he commented back about how we were the same age and I was like, “NO……I’m hitting 30 here!” He was really surprised. Well I thought about this little fortunate exchange of words for a while. What about me make people think I am younger than what I actually am? I’ ve always been on more of the mature side. My best friends are all older than me….even by 8 or more years. So it’s not me acting immature that makes me look young. I’ ve had two kids so I don’t have that cute hip body an

The Birthday Girl!

I came home a couple of nights ago from doing a little Christmas shopping and to my surprise I had a birthday cake waiting to greet me with all the love a mom could ask for in the form of a baked with love birthday cake. Oh my heart just melted! It is so cute. The way Isabelle decorated the right side and Ethan's left side with the backwards 3 (didn't he notice that?!) I thought it was the most precious thing ever and it definitely is way better than the Sprinkles cupcakes that I got last year! Thanks Erica for doing this with the kids--I love it so much! What a thoughtful gesture! Today is my birthday and I am so excited. It's silly feeling all giddy like a kid--isn't it. But I can't help it--I get to be pampered by spending time with my friends and family and that's truly my favorite thing in life. You know relationships--they're the only thing eternal in our lives-- Good company and a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and I am on cloud nine! Even though

In My Makeup Bag

Okay you all. Hold on tight because I have an awesome product to share with you. It's Matte by MAC Cosmetics . This product is something I've carried in my kit for a couple of years but for some reason it had gotten pushed to the back of my case behind everything else. Kind of like that always great fitting t-shirt that you love and from time to time it gets misplaced or forgotten about but when you find it again and wear it, it feels so right! That is Matte for me in the makeup realm. I was reminded of it today. I was finishing up a consultation that I had with a client and soon to be bride. She looked beautiful. Stunning really! She was perfectly satisfied with her makeup application and felt gorgeous.....but I knew she was missing something. I couldn't put my finger on it at first because of her beautiful blue eyes that were so striking because of the soft smoky plum colors we had applied to her lids and her perfectly pouted peachy glossed lips and her sun-kissed bron