Skip to main content

BeneFit Cosmetics Brow Bar Fun


As usual, my life is always a complete whirlwind. I’m not complaining. I really love being busy. I love having my kids involved with sports activities (although it is 5-6 days a week). I enjoy volunteering at the kids school. I appreciate any work I can get these days (“work” coming mostly in the form of substitute teaching). But with all that said, I REALLY enjoy a stolen moment to pamper myself and do something spontaneous and girly.

Just last week I had the opportunity to steal a few hours away from doing housework and other random responsibilities and visit BeneFit’s Brow Bar at our local Macy’s. It opened up approximately six weeks ago and I couldn’t be happier. Once upon a time I too worked for BeneFit Cosmetics and I had always wanted to experience the BeneFit Brow Bar (which at the time the closest one was in San Francisco…I think). So my friend, Kristie, and I decided to give our brows a BeneFit makeover. We were so incredibly happy with Angel, the girl who did our brows. She was so attentive to detail, sweet, and highly skilled at her line of work. Right then and there I vowed I would ONLY let Angel touch my brows. She did a fantastic job. I thought I always had fairly decent brows but she found a way to take them to a whole new level. Your eyebrows can be so expressive and a perfect way to look “complete” without having to add a whole lot of makeup. Sorry….I got a little bit off track….So as I stole a few precious hours for myself I called my friend, Barbara, to be my partner in crime. I stole her away from her responsibilities and introduced her to Angel.

While we were at the BeneFit counter my friend, Barbara was treated to a mini makeover and I couldn’t get over the results. She looked so subtly beautiful. “Oh yeah!” I thought to myself, “this was totally what I loved about this line.” Simple, quick, and radiant are the results achieved when applying a few basic “fix-its” from the BeneFit line and best part is it only takes like three minutes! Perfect for a last minute fix up when you are running short on time, get a last minute call, or quite frankly…can’t stand to spend any longer than 5 minutes doing your makeup! Check out these products:

That Gal, a luminous primer (I definitely need to start wearing this everyday)!

You Rebel, a tinted moisturizer that perfectly evens out your skin tone while moisturizing and protecting.


BeneTint, a liquid stain that gives you perfectly rosey cheeks (and can also be used to stain your lips too). Next time you’re at a BeneFit counter ask one of the artist what BeneTint is originally infamous for….you’ll get a chuckle out of it!

I have seriously broke out my “That Gal” primer and “BeneTint” stain from cosmetic hibernation from my kit and have worn these products everyday since! By the way, when applying BeneTint, Angel showed us that if you keep a small cosmetic sponge handy, once you apply the stain on your cheeks you just quickly dab and blend with the sponge quickly and your cheeks will look perfectly pinched and not streaky. Give it a try.

I know that I’m not the only one out there with a hectic schedule and hardly any time to spare but if you can get away with stealing some time I highly recommend you visit your local BeneFit counter and give these products a shot. I’m totally loyal and after the terrific results Kristie, Barbara and I have received I couldn’t help but share my experience with you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He thought I was 24!!!!

I am literally weeks away from turning 30 years old and to tell you the truth….very excited about it. I’m not all caught up in feeling like I’m getting old and all that hoopla. I’ ve always thought I’ ve looked young for my age and have enjoyed growing up and maturing. I was taken aback recently when somebody I see on a regular basis due to work related duties commented on me being the same age as they were after telling me they were 24 years old….I was shocked. I was like, “honey, you’re just a baby!” and he commented back about how we were the same age and I was like, “NO……I’m hitting 30 here!” He was really surprised. Well I thought about this little fortunate exchange of words for a while. What about me make people think I am younger than what I actually am? I’ ve always been on more of the mature side. My best friends are all older than me….even by 8 or more years. So it’s not me acting immature that makes me look young. I’ ve had two kids so I don’t have that cute hip body an

ELLIS FAAS: "ONLY TESTED ON SUPERMODELS!"

The last year of my life has been completely consumed by my commitment and dedication to continue my education in obtaining my teaching credential and masters in education. I honestly was unsure what to expect since it had been so many years since I had done my undergrad work--and I'm not going to lie--life has been crazy hectic! I didn't really expect that I would miss THIS industry as much as I have in this past year! I've been privileged in the past to pursue my passion of doing makeup, researching, and being hands on with cosmetic, fragrance, and skincare lines,...and then writing about it all--BONUS! So, I am very thankful when I am introduced to lines that are new to me and I get the opportunity to try them out. This is where ELLIS FAAS comes in.... What a cool line of cosmetics from ELLIS FAAS! From the sleek packaging, amazing product, and very cool developer behind the line--I am truly impressed at this very high class, top quality, and functional line. I'm no

You're Not Too Late....

Straight from the PR desk at Urban Decay: Win a necklace from Tom Binns for Walt Disney Signature, valued at $875, AND an Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows. 10 runners up will also receive the Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows. Enter to win NOW!!!!! http://www.urbandecay.com/promo/contest/Alice/index.cfm So excited for this opportunity to be able to win this awesome necklace and of course that awesome Alice in Wonderland palette! Good luck to the rest of you too!