Skip to main content

"Everyday"

Hello beauties!! I love those casual conversations that strike up about beauty regiments and what products do you use for this or that! I can go on forever asking questions....answering questions, jotting down "must trys" in my Notes app, and going down the internet rabbit hole reading reviews! BUT honestly, I have a very basic, everyday "look" that I can nail in 15 minutes or less--that makes me feel put together and good! AND more importantly....lasts ALL DAY long!

Even though a product make be changed out due to my current skin care needs, weather, event, or time of day, this is my go to process:

1. First, I always start with a moisturizer. Sometimes I add a face primer too--but not typically. My moisturizer varies all the time. Sometimes daily; sometimes weekly; sometimes monthly--but I always incorporate a moisturizer. Lately, I've been cycling between Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell moisturizer, or MAC Cosmetics Strobe Creme (PinkLite--I love the subtle glow it leaves on the skin), or Murad Invisablur SPF 30, or--even though it's a night time moisturizer--I really like Origins Night-a-mins. I typically will brush my teeth and apply eye drops (for my very, very dry eyes) after I apply my moisturizer just to give some time for my moisturizer to seep in, leaving a smooth(er) canvas.

2. Next, I apply foundation. I typically apply my foundation (or tinted moisturizer if I am foregoing foundation) with a brush. I just like the smooth coverage you get when using a brush. Other times, when I prefer a more "dewy" or very, very lightweight sheer coverage I will apply with my fingers, really rubbing into my skin. My foundation choices vary just as often as my choice of moisturizer!! I guess I just like options and my skin tends to change resulting in different needs all the time! I honestly think that my water consumption, sleep patterns, and weather are constantly playing with the "consistency" and needs of my skincare!! So, if I am looking for more coverage I LOVE IT Cosmetics--Your Skin But Better CC Cream with 50 SPF! I wear "Light." It's the second color in their spectrum of seven colors. I've also have been a long time fan of MAC Cosmetics Face and Body Foundation. I like to Mix C2 and N2--since my skin does not know if it wants to be "cool" or "warm"! Doh! What's awesome about Face and Body is it's SHEER coverage. It's water-based and build for extra coverage, if needed, in the most beautiful natural finish. I USED TO love Spin the Bottle PlayStick Foundation and You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer from Benefit Cosmetics but they have discontinued both!! ( #BenefitCosmetics Please bring back #YouRebel and #PlaySticks ). I haven't found a better stick foundation that I like more. But, as far as tinted Moisturizers go, my go-to is definitely Laura Mercier! I wear Nude and it sets to a beautiful, natural finish (not too shiny!).

3. Time to set the canvas! I brush on a light dusting of Bare Minerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder. Sometimes I use a barely damp sponge to apply my setting powder too--especially when my skin is on the dryer side. It just makes for a smoother surface.

4. Eyes. My eye products are super basic and neutral (most of the time).
--> I ALWAYS use a primer. Most days, its a MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Paint Pot. I have a few that I interchange all the time--Painterly, Bare Study, or Vintage Selection. They provide the perfect NUDE undertone and can be worn alone too! If I don't use a Paint Pot then I use Prep + Prime 24 hour Extend Eye Base. It's a simple, transparent primer that does the trick to keep your eyeshadow in place, no creasing, and water resistant.
--> After priming I will apply, using a paddle brush (or my finger when working with my favorite nude pigment), a neutral nude eyeshadow all over my eyelid--from lash line to brow bone. I use a range of neutral nudes...a few of my faves--MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Nude, MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Orb, Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette nude shades are matte and beautiful, and I also love "Naked" in their original NAKED palette!
--> Next, using my crease brush in a windshield wiper motion, I do a very basic smokey crease using MAC Cosmetics Corduroy It's a beautiful, matte brown that can go on light and be built up to a very warm, perfectly brown shadow. I will also dig my crease brush in very small circular motions on the outside corners of my crease--just to add some deeper depth. I also use this shadow, with my pencil brush, along my lower eyelash line and the corners of my upper lash line. If I want to intensify my crease (for a more polished and/or bold look) I will simply go back into the outside crease and add a darker brown, grey, or black shadow. Other "touches" I might add to spruce up my everyday look is to add a highlighter to my brow bone (under my outer eyebrow) which add a little more dimension and defining the brow bone from the eye crease. The trick is to BLEND, BLEND, BLEND, BLEND (remember that windshield wiper motion! It is your best makeup trick friend). You want a seamless but defined finish (if that makes sense). I also like to add highlights in the corner of my eyes (in that little duct area) and inner corner of bottom lash line. Again, it's just a little added dazzle that make your eyes "pop"!
--> Nine out of Ten times I wear eyeliner. I really love eyeliner. My absolute all time favorite is MAC Cosmetics PowerPoint Eyeliner in Stubborn Brown. I wear it 99% of the time that I wear eyeliner. It's the PERFECT rich, dark brown! It stays put all day and can be smudged easily into a smokey eye before setting! I also love Engraved, which is the black version--when I want a more intense look. I line my waterline (the inside line of your eye) both on top and the bottom. When I line my eyes I will also smudge it a bit in my lash line and go back in with my pencil brush and Corduroy eyeshadow to "set" my liner in place. Next I will line my top lip--but only the mid to outside edges (extending past my eyelid and slightly upward) for a little, simple cat-eye effect. I like to emphasize--play up a more almond shape on my eyes. I probably line my eyes backwards--I start from the outside and work my way in--but it works for me. A fun trick you can do to help get flawless liquid eyeliner look is to first line your eyes--creating that cat-eye with a pencil eyeliner and then going back over your "base" with your liquid eye liner! It looks beautiful and flawless--and makes applying that sleek liquid eyeliner much easier!
--> Obviously you absolutely can never, EVER forget mascara. It is a staple. Even if that's the ONLY product you have time to use--use it!! Mascara is everything. It's your finishing look on your eye that makes your eyes stand out in the most beautiful way. My FAVORITE is Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Lengthening Mascara. I love the brush; I love the finish; I even love the smell of this mascara!!!  It lasts all day, doesn't transfer, doesn't flake. Haven't found a product yet that has made me want to ditch it and move on.
--> Brows. I don't always fill in my eyebrows. Actually, more often then not, I don't. But when I do, I ask myself, "why don't you do this every day?!!" It really does make a nice finish to framing your eyes/face. I've been a long time lover of Fling brow liner pencil from MAC Cosmetics. I also use Charcoal Brown eyeshadow. Yes! An eyeshadow!! Simply use an angled brush to go in and fill your eyebrows in for a beautiful look!! You can "cut" or "define" a perfectly angled brow using your angled brush. I'm also a fan of Brow-zing in Medium from Benefit Cosmetics. It's a tinted wax and powder that not only fills in your brows but sets them in place, perfectly all day!!

5. Cheeks!! I love blush. I know I'm writing about my "15 minute" look--but I also have a 5 minute look that always includes blush!!!! Haha! Hoola and Hoola Light are my "contouring" friends. I caution when using the word "contouring" since I really do not dabble much with it. Years ago I learned three-steps to perfect cheeks and I have followed those steps ever since!
Step 1. using a contour brush (or your blush brush pinched into a straight line) use a tan blush or matte bronzer to cut under your cheeks. This steps actually defines your cheekbone and forces your eye to the apple of your cheek. For girls like me, who tend to have "rounder" faces--this step is very important!! I simply pinch my blush brush bristles together and sweep on my Hoola from the top of my ear down diagonally and a loose-elongated "C" shape under the fullness-apple area of my cheek. I go back and forth doing a sweeping motion to blend out/blur any lines. Again, I never want "lines" but instead a perfectly blended look in which you do not know where one color starts and the other finishes.
Step 2. Next I pick a pop of color for the apples of my cheeks and sweep that color in a rounded motion on my cheeks and up towards my temple. I can't pick on blush that I love the most. Sugarbomb, Dandelion, or Rockateur by Benefit are all longtime favorites. As well as New Romance and Warm Soul in MAC's Mineralize Blush. I typically pick blushes that have a little bit of a sheen or shimmer. Especially with my "drier" skin, I like like a pretty shimmer vs. a matte on my cheeks.
Step 3. Lastly, I use a highlighter near my temple and outer edge of my cheek. I have this beautiful Smashbox highlighter that I still use and love (but I believe it's been discontinued). But other highlighters that I love, love, love are HighBeam (pinky/silvery), SunBeam (gold) and Girl Meets Pearl (just a perfect shimmer) all from Benefit Cosmetics. I also LOVE MAC Cosmetics Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Show Gold! It's this beautiful gold highlighter that reflects the prettiest pink!!!  I adore it!


6. Lips! I'm not a big lipstick person. I obsessively use chapstick though.  I cannot live without chapstick. But when I want to add more color/shimmer/shine to the lips my go to is lipgloss. I much prefer a lip stain and gloss or a lipliner and gloss combination. I'm a fan of the neutral, pinky, peach-y high shine or glittery lip gloss. I recently discover Peek Beauty lip balm in Miracle. It's amazing and the packaging reminds me of a vintage lipgloss!! The color is the perfect shimmery nude!!  MAC Cosmetics Dazzleglass Lipgloss in RollerGirl is my all time F A V O R I T E gloss ever!! I also obsess over Moth to Flame, and for a little pizazz, Date Night or Money Honey!! Those names though!!! I'm also falling more in love with Buxom's Dolly! Just a beautiful, shimmery mauve-ish color.

When all done with my makeup, I will sometimes set my makeup with a setting spray--usually Fix + from MAC Cosmetics. I'll then go back and just touch up my t-zone with a pressed powder.

So that's it!! I packed a lot of information in for a "quick" and neutral makeup look!!

What are your makeup staples? Any advice or tips for me??? I would love to read your advice and opinions!!

#MACCosmetics #BenefitCosmetics #ITCosmetics #PeterThomasRoth #Murad #Origins #BareMinerals #LauraMercier #PeekBeauty #SmashBoxCosmetics











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He thought I was 24!!!!

I am literally weeks away from turning 30 years old and to tell you the truth….very excited about it. I’m not all caught up in feeling like I’m getting old and all that hoopla. I’ ve always thought I’ ve looked young for my age and have enjoyed growing up and maturing. I was taken aback recently when somebody I see on a regular basis due to work related duties commented on me being the same age as they were after telling me they were 24 years old….I was shocked. I was like, “honey, you’re just a baby!” and he commented back about how we were the same age and I was like, “NO……I’m hitting 30 here!” He was really surprised. Well I thought about this little fortunate exchange of words for a while. What about me make people think I am younger than what I actually am? I’ ve always been on more of the mature side. My best friends are all older than me….even by 8 or more years. So it’s not me acting immature that makes me look young. I’ ve had two kids so I don’t have that cute hip body an

In My Makeup Bag

Okay you all. Hold on tight because I have an awesome product to share with you. It's Matte by MAC Cosmetics . This product is something I've carried in my kit for a couple of years but for some reason it had gotten pushed to the back of my case behind everything else. Kind of like that always great fitting t-shirt that you love and from time to time it gets misplaced or forgotten about but when you find it again and wear it, it feels so right! That is Matte for me in the makeup realm. I was reminded of it today. I was finishing up a consultation that I had with a client and soon to be bride. She looked beautiful. Stunning really! She was perfectly satisfied with her makeup application and felt gorgeous.....but I knew she was missing something. I couldn't put my finger on it at first because of her beautiful blue eyes that were so striking because of the soft smoky plum colors we had applied to her lids and her perfectly pouted peachy glossed lips and her sun-kissed bron

The Birthday Girl!

I came home a couple of nights ago from doing a little Christmas shopping and to my surprise I had a birthday cake waiting to greet me with all the love a mom could ask for in the form of a baked with love birthday cake. Oh my heart just melted! It is so cute. The way Isabelle decorated the right side and Ethan's left side with the backwards 3 (didn't he notice that?!) I thought it was the most precious thing ever and it definitely is way better than the Sprinkles cupcakes that I got last year! Thanks Erica for doing this with the kids--I love it so much! What a thoughtful gesture! Today is my birthday and I am so excited. It's silly feeling all giddy like a kid--isn't it. But I can't help it--I get to be pampered by spending time with my friends and family and that's truly my favorite thing in life. You know relationships--they're the only thing eternal in our lives-- Good company and a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and I am on cloud nine! Even though